Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs

Day 16

Warsaw, North Carolina to Whiteville, North Carolina
73 miles

With all the farmland we've been seeing, I was hoping to see some cotton or peanut harvesting. Early in the ride this morning we came upon this truck of Spanish speaking sweet potato harvesters.
It looked like very hard work.

We've seen quite a few churches with catchy sayings on their marquee signs. Wouldn't that be fun if the LDS  churches did this in Utah? What message would YOU post?
Name them one by one....
This sign was in front of the cash register at our lunch stop in Elizabethtown, North Carolina.
I wonder if it works.
I'm learning a lot on this bike trip. We are being taught safety tips for riding; we learned some bike riding skills in the parking lot one afternoon; and today, underneath a tree, we were taught bike cleaning from Mike Roon.
The maestro cleans and lubes.

One more day of riding, then a day off in Myrtle Beach.

2 comments:

  1. I think I would say something like "Join for free and 10% off your income this weekend only."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm jealous Les... looks so fun, even if it is hard. Your legs will be like steel when you get home. Watch Out Senior Games... Here Comes Les!!!

    Miss ya buddy, Joy

    ReplyDelete