Saturday, July 2, 2011

Rain, rain, go away!

We started the misty morning with birthday wishes for our Maine man JB. There will be 50-something candles on his cake.


JB and his wife, Loren, ride a yellow-orange tandem named "The Mango." When referring to their bike do not forget "the." You should see them zoom downhill.

Most of the morning we rode in the rain. As a result, I took very few photos today.
Then it rained harder.
Then it hailed.
Then we saw two lightening bolts.

Joy and I took refuge next to a truck in some nice person's yard. It was POURING! 



When it let up a bit, we still had about 5 miles to go before we reached the tourist area of Traverse City for our scheduled breakfast stop. We rode along the bike trail along the water front. We were so happy to make it to McDonald's. I don't really like hot chocolate, or egg McMuffins, but I had the best hot chocolate I've ever had in my life, and my first Egg McBagel. Just happy to be out of the rain for a minute.

Along the bike trail at Traverse City

 Note to self:  When planning next bike trip, consider Miami.

For more photos go here. Thanks Mike, Shane, and Brad!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Arkansas weather up there! I guess it's all part of the journey. Hope you're enjoying the ride!

    Love

    Tay and Meg

    ReplyDelete