Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Boise, ID to Mountain Home, ID

"Way out west they got a name for rain and wind and fire. The rain is Tess. The fire is Joe and they call the wind Mariah. Ma-riiiii-ah, Ma-riiii-ah, they call the wind Ma-ri-i-ah."
---the guy in "Paint Your Wagon"

Mariah was in full force today. At our backs! It was so awesome. I was pedaling along having a conversation about what we do when we visit New York City. I look down at my bike computer and we were whizzing along at 21mph. We really weren't even trying hard. Sometimes when this happens I pretend there's no tailwind; I'm just exceptionally fit. Ha! My 53-mile ride from Boise to Mountain Home was over by about 11:30am.

Pics from today:

Surely, the dream of squealing students everywhere.

Sign of the Day:


Across the street from Sign of the Day.


Mike and other riders in Mountain Home.


Passing our luggage down the line from the trailer to the motel.


Tomorrow 97 miles to Twin Falls, Idaho. Yikes.








1 comment:

  1. Mountain Home is kinda misleading. ...perhaps sage brush flats would be more accurate. Ocean view. ...in yourddreams.

    ReplyDelete