Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sunshine on My Shoulders

"Here comes the sun, little darlin'. It feels like years since its been clear." ----The Beatles

If you are reading this, and you are dry and warm, please take a moment to relish it. It is easy to forget what a wonderful feeling that is. Today was gloriously sunny and deliciously warm. Oh my.
It felt so good to be able to trade out my long-legged bike pants and my full-fingered gloves for my usual bike shorts and cut-off finger cycling gloves. This is the trip I signed up for. Here are today's pics:


The view from our motel room this morning.


Mt Jefferson


Des Chutes River


Awesome Descent of the Day

Almost to Prineville. Thank Goodness.



Sign of the Day:
I think somebody's mad in Prineville. Just a guess.



Our motel features fake bunnies in the Continental Breakfast Room.
 


61 miles today and 3,300 feet climbing. Tomorrow is 117 miles (the farthest I've ever ridden in one day) and 5000 feet climbing. Gonna be a long day. We are saddling up at 5:45am. Yikes.

5 comments:

  1. B. U. T. Ful! Just caught up with y'all, havin' fun already! I love going on these rides with you.
    Yo Sista as in Snoop

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sure seeing some beautiful scenery! More pics of you and Mike, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holler! soak it all in, even the rain. i wish i were with youses guyses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is riding along right beside you buddy!!! Tuck me in your pocket:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is bishop peeing in the picture of your descent? Figures...

    ReplyDelete