Friday, July 4, 2014

Dubois, WY to Riverton, WY

"I ride my bike, I roller skate, don't drive no car. Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far."---Melanie Safka (1972)

Our 80-mile ride today, with little climbing, was what the ABB staff call a "rolling rest day". Where I come from, riding that many miles is not what you would consider restful. No matter how flat, it's still 80 miles. I am pooped. I think I need to mentally prepare differently. Some days the last ten miles is a death march---today included. I gear myself up for the climbs, but then I still gotta get into town. Headwinds at the end of the day, don't help.

Today was another beautiful day. Well, mostly just the part out of Dubois. Today's pics:


Our motel in Dubois had one antler arch---copy cat of Jackson.

Yesterday the Tetons. Again, I'm amazed how quickly the terrain changes.

Just out of the town of Dubois. Red rock. Who knew?

One of the cyclists is a geologist.
The last couple of nights we've had Curt's Corner.
He gives a 5-minute presentation on what we're seeing.
So interesting. My eyes have been opened to the eons of time.




Ahhhhh.......Dairy Queen

Some motels make us feel like celebrities.


Tomorrow will be my longest one day ride ever. 120 miles.








No comments:

Post a Comment