Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mankato, MN to Rochester, MN 104 miles

"Impossible things are happening every day".---Fairy Godmother to Cinderella (Rodgers and Hammerstein Version)

I really had no idea how I was going to make it through today. 104 miles on the back of 112 miles. Yesterday was exhausting and I didn't sleep well last night. It seemed impossible.

I guess I just put my head down and went. I was wasted at the second SAG at 66 miles, but again just got on my bike and started pedaling. Both Mike and I are sore in multiple places.... Let's just leave it at that.

Today's pics:

First SAG at Clear Lake


Second SAG 


Me contemplating how I was going to 
get another 35 miles out of my body.
Yeah, the fun-o-meter was pretty low.


Distracting myself with clouds.


I got choked up when we rode past the 
Mayo Clinic. I thought of all the people
that are able to get help there.


The last several miles were on a bike path.
They're always a welcome break from
dealing with traffic.

An amazing thing had happened. With about 20 miles to go, we caught up to Doug. He was ill yesterday and rode in the van. He told me he was feeling about 50% today. We slowed down to ride in with him so he didn't have to ride in alone. In trying to help him, I in turn was helped. I got my second wind and made it to the motel feeling actually quite good.


1 comment:

  1. Amazing things can happen in Minnesota. Despite the difficulty of the rides, I hope you enjoyed my home state. It sounds like you're pushing yourself to depths you never knew you could. You're AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete